Spring is quickly approaching and now is a great time to evaluate the condition of your property. The winter months were harsh this year causing cracks, potholes, and weakening of the pavement. Snow plows can contribute to parking bumper, curbing, and sign damage as well. By doing an annual assessment and following a pavement maintenance plan, you can protect your investment while also leaving a lasting impression on your customers and keeping your lot safe and functional.
Below is a short questionnaire to help you evaluate the conditions of your parking lot. Should you answer yes to any of the following questions you may want to consider contacting Otto’s to schedule some preventative and cosmetic maintenance and repairs. Getting a jump start on these repairs can help to avoid safety issues or continued deterioration of the asphalt.
Parking Lot Maintenance Questionnaire
- Are there any potholes or loose / deteriorated areas in the asphalt?
- Are there any damaged or deteriorated areas in the concrete curbing?
- Are the drains deteriorating?
- Are there large cracks in the asphalt or vegetation growing in the cracks?
- Has it been a while since the lot was seal coated? Is the asphalt black or grey?
- Is the striping faded or barely visible?
- Is there chipped or faded paint on the parking bumpers, curbs or light pole bases?
- Are there any loose or damaged parking bumpers?
- Are there traffic and parking signs that are faded or don’t meet code for reflectivity?
- Are there any signs posts that are rusted, bent, or leaning?
Now that you’ve answered these questions call your Account Manager at Otto’s to help you prioritize any repairs and maintenance, so that your budget dollars are spent effectively. You should also consider having a professional put together an annual pavement maintenance plan that won’t kill your budget and will keep your parking lot looking great for many years to come.
If you don’t receive the Otto’s Parking Marking Newsletter already, CLICK HERE to sign up. Stay informed on the newest and best ways to keep your parking lot in top condition, read about our most recent projects and get to know our Otto’s family, plus so much more.